1. It is very important to tie the technology to the objective because through the objective you explain what you want to teach and how you will do it; and, technology is a great resource to reinforce the curriculum and the teaching and learning process.
2. We should hold students accountable for the stations/centers because it is their opportunity to show how much they understand and apply their knowledge.
3. Two interactive websites I will use with my First Graders are storybird.com and stupeflix.com because they can use it during the bilingual literacy centers to strengthen the reading and writing skills. I can hold the students accountable for their time in these stations by requesting them to write about what they are working on. Another way is to take scores from the different content area games they play.
4. I found a lot of apps for the iPad; three of the most easy to use for my First Graders are Storybird, Wallwisher and Skype. I want to, and I will encourage them to use it in the classroom to improve their reading and writing skills in all content areas. They can also use it in Math to illustrate problem-solving skills. I can hold the students accountable for their time in these stations saving their paperwork and evaluating their oral presentations.
5. The students will have a different way to use their iPads and I will let them express their creativity, knowledge and interests. They can create movies with Stupeflix or write a book in Storybird or Bookr for Language Arts projects. For Science projects, they can research in Google Earth to explore landforms, geography, oceans, rivers etc. They will use the NASA website for solar systems, planets, moon and weather.com for seasons, climate and the weather around the world. They will have lots of opportunities to learn, have fun and share with other students in different classrooms or schools using Skype or Facebook.